Dateline February 15, 2016: Gold and silver have posted their best weekly gain since 2008. In addition, US silver bullion coins are selling very strongly so far in 2016. This information is detailed in a recent article in CoinNews.net.
According to the article:
- Gold and silver notched weekly gains of about 7% in the second week of February, 2016, as investors sought safety from plunging oil and global stock markets.
- Gold and silver extended their winning streaks to four weeks in a row.
- For gold, this represents the best weekly gain since 2008.
- Sales of US American Eagle Gold and Silver Bullions Coins are very strong so far in 2016.
- The U.S. Mint is rationing weekly sales of American Silver Eagles because of silver planchet shortages.
- On February 1, the Mint released the first 2016-dated America the Beautiful Five-Ounce Silver Bullion Coin. High sales were reported for these new coins as well.
What’s Driving the Rise In Gold and Silver?
Gold and silver have been in a cyclical bear market since the 2008-2009 economic crisis. Since then, a sustained downtrend has flushed many gold and silver investors out. Are we witnessing the first rise off the bear market lows?
Back in April of 2015, we outlined the criteria that could launch the next bull market in precious metals. They include:
- Real interest rates turn negative.
- Debt crises in major economies.
- A flareup in geopolitical turmoil.
- Declining mining production in gold and silver.
A survey of the current situation reveals that some of these have indeed come to pass.
Where can You Purchase US Gold and Silver Bullion Coins?
Return to Homepage